In 1990, Dogpile was born out of the frenzy of the 1980s industrial scene. Led by veteran bassist William Paul Adams, Dogpile’s sound is a hybrid of heavy techno drums and plodding bass, overlaid with shredded vocals and ferocious guitars. Dogpile toured extensively in the 90s, until Adams fell ill and the band went on hiatus, but never dissolved.
Inspired to move forward with new Dogpile material by the recent death of their close friend and tour manager from pancreatic cancer, the band reunited in 2010 to record their first new studio material since 1995.
All proceeds from Dogpile’s new single “Broke Upon The First Stress” will be donated to The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
1. What is your hometown?
Grimsby, ON Canada
2. With what fictional character do you most identify?
Any protagonist/antagonist from Bret Easton Ellis.
3. In the movie of your life, cast an actor to play you.
Bryan Cranston and/or Danny Trejo
4. What work of art speaks to your soul?
Jan van Eyck’s “The Arnolfini Portrait”. Don’t ask me to explain, i can’t…
5. What books are you currently reading or recommending?
“A Mind of It’s Own” by Gordelia Fine and “Hell’s Angel” by Sonny Barger (with Keith and Kent Zimmerman). Both a recommended.
6. What song or album is currently in heavy rotation on your iPod?
Northless “Clandestine Abuse”, EMA “Past Life Martyred Saints” and Stranglers “The Raven”
7. What’s the last movie that made you cry?
“13″ Because i wanted it to go to 14.
8. Cat person or dog person?
i’m vegan and don’t eat cat or dog but i might be willing to give human organs a try. Jeffrey Dahmer seemed rather keen on it.
9. What is more important, truth or kindness?
Truth. Kindness is a crock.
10. How do you define sin?
Breaking your own moral code.
11. How do you define virtue?
I can’t define it as i’ve never experienced it. Humanity is inherently evil and consequently we are in the habit of breaking both our own moral code and that which is systematically expected of us by the most execrable of us all. That being politicians, police and religious leaders. Virtue is also a crock.
12. Design your headstone: What does it say? What does it look like?
A crooked cross covered in fun fur with the inscription “God, not again…”